Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets, originally contributed from eBay Inc.
Apache Kylin lets you query massive dataset at sub-second latency in 3 steps.
- Identify a Star Schema on Hadoop.
- Build Cube from the identified tables.
- Query with ANSI-SQL and get results in sub-second, via ODBC, JDBC or RESTful API.
WHAT IS KYLIN?
– Extremely Fast OLAP Engine at Scale:
– ANSI SQL Interface on Hadoop:
– Interactive Query Capability:
– MOLAP Cube:
– Seamless Integration with BI Tools:
– Other Highlights:
– Compression and Encoding Support
– Incremental Refresh of Cubes
– Leverage HBase Coprocessor for query latency
– Both approximate and precise Query Capabilities for Distinct Count
– Approximate Top-N Query Capability
– Easy Web interface to manage, build, monitor and query cubes
– Security capability to set ACL at Cube/Project Level
– Support LDAP and SAML Integration
Apache Kylin v2.6.3 was released.
- [KYLIN-4024] – Support pushdown to Presto
- [KYLIN-3977] – Avoid mistaken deleting dicts by storage cleanup while building jobs are running
- [KYLIN-4023] – Convert to local time for column with timestamp or date type of queries by Jdbc
- [KYLIN-3893] – Cube build failed for wrong row key column description
- [KYLIN-4020] – Add check for the input of fix_length rowkey encoding
- [KYLIN-3998] – Make “bpus-min-benefit-ratio” configurable in cube planner phase 1
- [KYLIN-4025] – Add detail exception in kylin http response
- [KYLIN-4015] – Fix build cube error at the “Build UHC Dictionary” step
- [KYLIN-4022] – Error with message “Unrecognized column type: DECIMAL(xx,xx)” happens when do query pushdown
- [KYLIN-3994] – Storage cleanup job may delete data of newly built segment because of cube cache in CubeManager
- [KYLIN-2620] – Result of sum measure may by replaced by the TopN measure with the same column during query
- [KYLIN-4041] – Concat function with null value does not work correctly
- [KYLIN-3978] – InternalErrorException happens for queries with precise count distinct measures
- [KYLIN-3845] – Streaming cube build error if the Kafka data source lacks selected dimensions or metrics
- [KYLIN-3980] – Cube planner cuboid id error there are too many dimensions
- [KYLIN-4049] – Storage should be cleaned after cube refreshing with config kylin.storage.clean-after-delete-operation set to true