Apache Kylin 2.5.1 release, Open source distributed analytics engine
Apache Kylin is an open source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets, originally contributed from eBay Inc.
Apache Kylin lets you query massive dataset at sub-second latency in 3 steps.
- Identify a Star Schema on Hadoop.
- Build Cube from the identified tables.
- Query with ANSI-SQL and get results in sub-second, via ODBC, JDBC or RESTful API.
WHAT IS KYLIN?
– Extremely Fast OLAP Engine at Scale:
– ANSI SQL Interface on Hadoop:
– Interactive Query Capability:
– MOLAP Cube:
– Seamless Integration with BI Tools:
– Other Highlights:
– Compression and Encoding Support
– Incremental Refresh of Cubes
– Leverage HBase Coprocessor for query latency
– Both approximate and precise Query Capabilities for Distinct Count
– Approximate Top-N Query Capability
– Easy Web interface to manage, build, monitor and query cubes
– Security capability to set ACL at Cube/Project Level
– Support LDAP and SAML Integration
Apache Kylin v2.5.1 was released.
- [KYLIN-3520] – Deal with NULL values of measures for inmem cubing
- [KYLIN-3526] – No check for hybrid name with special character
- [KYLIN-3528] – No details page for hybrid
- [KYLIN-3599] – Bulk Add Measures
- [KYLIN-3611] – Upgrade Tomcat to 7.0.91, 8.5.34 or later
- [KYLIN-3632] – Add configuration that can switch on/off preparedStatement cache in Kylin server
- [KYLIN-3646] – Add instruction about rowkey sequence in “Advanced setting” page
- [KYLIN-2200] – CompileException on UNION ALL query when result only contains one column
- [KYLIN-3439] – configuration “kylin.web.timezone” is Inconsistent between kylin-defaults.properties and KylinConfigBase.java
- [KYLIN-3527] – Hybrid couldn’t save when there is only 1 cube
- [KYLIN-3531] – Login failed with case-insensitive username
- [KYLIN-3543] – Unclosed Job instance in CreateHTableJob#exportHBaseConfiguration
- [KYLIN-3546] – Kylin doesn’t persist FK to intermediate table if FK is not a dimension
- [KYLIN-3556] – Interned string should not be used as lock object
- [KYLIN-3562] – TS conflict when kylin update metadata in HBase
- [KYLIN-3565] – User login error message is inaccurate
- [KYLIN-3567] – Change scala dependency to provided
- [KYLIN-3582] – String comparison should not use == in RecordEvent
- [KYLIN-3595] – Beeline does not retrieve CLASSPATH and hangs
- [KYLIN-3604] – Can’t build cube with spark in HBase standalone mode
- [KYLIN-3613] – Kylin with Standalone HBase Cluster (enabled kerberos) could not find the main cluster namespace at “Create HTable” step
- [KYLIN-3629] – NullPointException throws when use preparedStatement cache in some case
- [KYLIN-3633] – Dead lock may happen in building global dictionary
- [KYLIN-3634] – When filter column has null value may cause incorrect query result
- [KYLIN-3635] – Percentile calculation on Spark engine is wrong
- [KYLIN-3644] – NumberFormatExcetion on null values when building cube with Spark
- [KYLIN-3645] – Kylin does not clean table metadata when drop project(Kafka Source)
- [KYLIN-3647] – Fix inconsistent states of job and its sub-task
- [KYLIN-3649] – segment region count and size are not correct when using mysql as Kylin metadata storage
- [KYLIN-3651] – JDBCResourceStore doesn’t list all resources