Apache Groovy 2.4.13 has been released. Apache Groovy is a regular maintenance release of the GROOVY_2_4_X branch. All users using older versions of this branch are strongly encouraged to upgrade.
Apache Groovy is a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language, with static-typing and static compilation capabilities, for the Java platform aimed at improving developer productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn syntax. It integrates smoothly with any Java program, and immediately delivers to your application powerful features, including scripting capabilities, Domain-Specific Language authoring, runtime and compile-time meta-programming and functional programming.
- Is an agile dynamic language based on Java virtual machine.
- Built on the powerful Java language and added many features learned in languages like Python, Ruby and Smalltalk.
- Offers Java developers the most modern programming language features in the world, and low learning costs (almost zero).
- Support DSL (Domain Specific Languages Domain Definition Language) and other concise syntax, make your code easier to read and maintain.
- Goovy has native type handling, object orientation, and an Ant DSL that make it easy to create shell scripts.
- Developers efficiency is greatly improved by reducing framework code when developing Web, GUI, database or console applications.
- Support unit testing and simulation (object), can simplify the test.
- Seamless integration of all existing Java objects and libraries.
- Compile directly into Java bytecode so Groovy can be used anywhere Java is used.
- [GROOVY-8336] – Static compilation requires casting inside instanceof check (additional cases)
- [GROOVY-8341] – GDK: eachDirRecurse and eachFileRecurse are NOT depth-first
- [GROOVY-8357] – EncodingGroovyMethods.decodeBase64() throws “bad character in base64 value” when meets \t \r
- [GROOVY-8369] – Enum property access not working with @CompileStatic
- [GROOVY-8380] – Regression in 2.4.13-SNAPSHOT: x & y, x | y, x ^ y lose typing information
- [GROOVY-8382] – Target Typing for empty collections should work for field/property initialisers
- [GROOVY-8383] – OptimizerVisitor#setConstField not @CS friendly
- [GROOVY-8384] – Regression in 2.4.13 (snapshot) with STC and intdiv
- [GROOVY-8257] – Incorrect package for Mixin AST transform in online docs
- [GROOVY-8269] – Unclear/incorrect definition of default behavior for trait multiple inheritence conflicts
- [GROOVY-8374] – Incorrect modifier listed in Properties description
- [GROOVY-8376] – Add @DelegatesTo to SwingBuilder methods that call setDelegate
- [GROOVY-8236] – Report more meaningful error for versions of Groovy not supporting @Repeatable