Apache Groovy 2.4.14 has been released. Apache Groovy is a regular maintenance release of the GROOVY_2_4_X branch. All users using older versions of this branch are strongly encouraged to upgrade.
Apache Groovy is a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language, with static-typing and static compilation capabilities, for the Java platform aimed at improving developer productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn syntax. It integrates smoothly with any Java program, and immediately delivers to your application powerful features, including scripting capabilities, Domain-Specific Language authoring, runtime and compile-time meta-programming and functional programming.
- Is an agile dynamic language based on Java virtual machine.
- Built on the powerful Java language and added many features learned in languages like Python, Ruby and Smalltalk.
- Offers Java developers the most modern programming language features in the world, and low learning costs (almost zero).
- Support DSL (Domain Specific Languages Domain Definition Language) and other concise syntax, make your code easier to read and maintain.
- Goovy has native type handling, object orientation, and an Ant DSL that make it easy to create shell scripts.
- Developers efficiency is greatly improved by reducing framework code when developing Web, GUI, database or console applications.
- Support unit testing and simulation (object), can simplify the test.
- Seamless integration of all existing Java objects and libraries.
- Compile directly into Java bytecode so Groovy can be used anywhere Java is used.
- [GROOVY-6888] – Static type checking fails if I change the closure input parameter name
- [GROOVY-7061] – Type inference not working for Collections.sort()
- [GROOVY-7929] – @SelfType compilation fail
- [GROOVY-8241] – SAM parameter type inference for explicit parameter
- [GROOVY-8295] – Groovyc ant task can overflow Windows command line if classpath is large
- [GROOVY-8317] – Smart type inference doesn’t work on explicit closure params
- [GROOVY-8362] – Nested class is resolved via another nested class with package name
- [GROOVY-8402] – GroovyScriptEngine.ScriptClassLoader applies compilation customizers twice
- [GROOVY-8432] – Weird behavior parsing dates
- [GROOVY-8438] – Running grape causes an exception
- [GROOVY-8445] – Static analysis does not work properly when coercing Closure to FunctionInterface
- [GROOVY-8474] – ‘Unexpected super property set for:’ when accessing super class property via super.propertyName
- [GROOVY-8428] – Add DGM startsWithAny(String…) and endsWithAny(String…)