Apache Geode 1.4.0 has been released, Apache Geode is a data management platform that provides real-time, consistent, across the entire cloud architecture to access data-critical applications.
- Combines redundancy, replication, and a “shared nothing” persistence architecture to deliver fail-safe reliability and performance.
- Horizontally scalable to thousands of cache members, with multiple cache topologies to meet different enterprise needs. The cache can be distributed across multiple computers.
- Asynchronous and synchronous cache update propagation.
- Delta propagation distributes only the difference between old and new versions of an object (delta) instead of the entire object, resulting in significant distribution cost savings.
- Reliable asynchronous event notifications and guaranteed message delivery through optimized, low latency distribution layer.
- Data awareness and real-time business intelligence. If data changes as you retrieve it, you see the changes immediately.
- Integration with Spring Framework to speed and simplify the development of scalable, transactional enterprise applications.
- JTA compliant transaction support.
- Cluster-wide configurations that can be persisted and exported to other clusters.
- Remote cluster management through HTTP.
- REST APIs for REST-enabled application development.
- Rolling upgrades may be possible, but they will be subject to any limitations imposed by new features.