Android Studio is the official integrated development environment (IDE) for Google’s Android operating system, built on JetBrains’ IntelliJ IDEA software and designed specifically for Android development. It is available for download on Windows, macOS and Linux based operating systems. It is a replacement for the Eclipse Android Development Tools (ADT) as primary IDE for native Android application development.
Android Studio was announced on May 16, 2013, at the Google I/O conference. It was in early access preview stage starting from version 0.1 in May 2013, then entered beta stage starting from version 0.8 which was released in June 2014. The first stable build was released in December 2014, starting from version 1.0.
Android Studio 4.2 Canary 12 was released and is available for updates via the Canary and Dev channels.
Database Inspector: Query editor
The Database Inspector has been updated to help you write and execute your custom SQL statements. When you open the inspector and open a New query tab, you should notice a larger, resizable editor surface to author and format your queries, as shown below.
Additionally, we now provide history of your previous queries. When you click on the Show query history button, you should see a list of queries you previously ran against the currently selected database. Click a query in the list to see a preview of the full query in the editor and press Enter to copy it to the editor. Then, click Run to execute the statement.
To learn more, see the release notes.
This update includes fixes for the following issues:
- Issue #135292528: Support setting JDK for Gradle Daemon started by Android Studio via env variable
- Issue #140403764: NDK Resolution Outcome: Project settings: Gradle model version=5.4.1, NDK version is UNKNOWN
- Issue #140678037: Visualization tab disappears in 3.6 Canary 10
- Issue #133465551: Lint 26.5.0-beta02 DefaultLocale triggers on Kotlin’s decapitalize method
- Issue #140988425: Provide quick fix for RtlHardcoded
- Issue #140882630: ViewBinding cannot determine Class due to uppercase package name