AMD today released the latest Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.9.1 driver. This driver will bring new automatic overclocking functions to Ryzen 5000 series processors and Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards. At the same time, the Smart Access Memory function is introduced for Radeon RX 5000 series graphics cards and supports Windows 11 operating system.
This version of the driver also adds some extended support for the Vulkan API, including VK_KHR_zero_initialize_workgroup_memory, VK_KHR_shader_integer_dot_product、VK_EXT_shader_atomic_float2 and VK_EXT_load_store_op_none.
- Call of Duty® Vanguard Open Beta
- AMD Smart Access Memory on Radeon™ RX 5000 Series Graphics
Added Vulkan® Support
- This extension allows implementations to use the null constant initializer on shader workgroup memory variables. This in turn allows applications that run untrusted content to defeat memory-scraping attacks.
- This extension adds support for the integer dot product SPIR-V instructions defined in SPV_KHR_integer_dot_product. The SPV_KHR_integer_dot_product extension allows dot product operations on integer vectors with optional accumulation. In addition to allowing dot product operations for all input vector types, it also allows integer dot product for 4-component vectors of 8-bit integers that are packed into 32-bit integers.
- This extension provides shaders with the capability to perform 16-bit floating-point atomic operations on buffer and workgroup memory. It additionally allows floating-point atomic minimum and maximum operations on buffer, workgroup, and image memory.
- This extension allows an application to specify the contents within the render area that will not modified or can be expected to be undefined after rendering.
- Visual artifacts in PAYDAY™ 2 may be observed during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- On Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics, higher than expected memory clock speed and power consumption may be experienced when idle and the display’s resolution and refresh rate are set to specific values such as 1080p @ 60Hz.
- While playing Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey, driver timeouts or black screens may be experienced on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 480 Graphics when the user quickly navigates through the game menus or swiftly looks around an environment with their character.